BRATISLAVA / At the D1 highway in the section between Sencom and Blatný, a hazardous substance leaked from the biogas station. The freeway was closed in both directions for over an hour. Bratislavská krajská polícia informed about this on the social network. Únik bezágnejnej átko was stopped by firefighters at approximately 6:30 p.m.
An unknown substance leaked from the biogas station
According to information from TV JOJ, 500 thousand liters of an unknown substance leaked. Primátor Senca also warned the residents of Svätý Martin. “Shortly before 3:30 p.m., we received information on line 158 about damage to the biogas station, which resulted in the release of a highly toxic chemical,” approached by the police.
The city of Senec reported on the social network that already at the biogas station on the way to Svätý Martin, the tank probably cracked, from which the liquid poured out. “The city informed the relevant institutions and úrady. Situáciu riešia hasiči a Okresný úrad Senec koná bledá kroki,” asked Samospráva. The operations center of the Hasičského a ráčného zboru confirmed that firefighters are already on the scene.
Members of the Hasičského a ráčného zboru (HaZZ) reported a dangerous substance leak at the D1 highway in the section between Sencom and Blatným. They are currently working on its removal. TASR was informed about this by Bianka Královičová from the Department of Communication and Internal Affairs of the Presídia HaZZ, but no one was injured.
The biogas station near Královičová, as a result of which the substance leaked, has not been in operation for several years. After the arrival of the firemen, it was discovered that the tank was already missing a valve through which an unknown substance was leaking. “The responding officers are currently working to remove approximately 500 cubic meters of leaked material,” introduced.
17 HAZ members from Hasičského a práčného útáru hlavneho mesta SR Bratislava, from Okresného directorate of HAZ in Pezinok and Záchrannej brigády HAZ in Malacky, with seven pieces of firefighting equipment, responded to the site.